Dr. Mark H. Weinstein is board certified in both general surgery and plastic surgery. He is a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of many other professional organizations including the American College of Surgeon , and the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Weinstein earned an A.B. with distinction in Biology and his M.D. from the University of Rochester in New York. His post-graduate training included an internship, general surgery residency and plastic surgery residency at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, where he was an instructor in surgery and Chief Resident in plastic surgery. Dr. Weinstein is a Board Certifiued Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. He is also an Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine and an Attending Plastic Surgeon at Yale New Haven Hospital.
His fellowships include:
- National Science Foundation Fellowship at Roswell (1960-2)
- Research Fellowship in Oncology, SUNY Buffalo (1964-5)
- Public Health Trainee Grant, New York State Dept. of Public Health (1966)
- Research Grant in Pediatrics and Orthopaedics, University of Rochester School of Medicine (1967)
- American Cancer Society Fellowship at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London, England (1968)
Dr. Weinstein's honors and memberships include:
- Alpha Omega Alpha (medical honor society)
- Board Certified in General and Plastics Surgery
- The Longmire Society
- CT Society of American Board of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Inc.
- Past President of the Connecticut Society of Plastic Surgeons
- President and founder of Changing Children's Lives
Dr. Weinstein has also served as a team leader on many trips to developing countries. He has been highly active in international surgery for over 30 years, traveling to Vietnam, Colombia, Thailand, Honduras, Brazil, China, and Uganda to perform cleft lip and palate surgery on children.